The Infinite Ramblings of April Compo

The Infinite Ramblings of April Compo

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Dead as a Snail

My snail died a while ago. It was a blue mystery snail. It's entire existence was a mystery. I don't know why it lived so long and I don't know what finally caused it's death.

I've been painting with watercolor lately. Dogs. It turns out I really love painting dogs. Always have. No matter how much I try to escape it. Here's some portraits I painted in chronological order:

1. Saw this boxer's pinkness and had to paint it. A bit cartoony with the dark outline and super sad eyes.



2. A Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, a more realistic look. Such a noble dude.


 3. Those ears! What a kind expression too. I love the beauty mark on many a German Shephard's cheek.


I advertised on Craigslist for custom pet portraits last night. The first two are dogs featured on Instagram's @thedogist UGH, I love that feed. The German Shepherd is my sister's boyfriends dog, Duke. He's just a babe and he's HUGE. Maybe I'll take video next time. People seem to love seeing the process unfold. Pervs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment