The Infinite Ramblings of April Compo

The Infinite Ramblings of April Compo

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Skits 'n' Shits 'n' Giggles

That last blog post sure worked me up. I had a great time with my comedian friend and we are now a comedy duo and quite a force to reckon with. If you need to lighten up (trust me, you DO) then Skits 'n' Shits 'n' Giggles are the pair of bitches you should go see LIVE at the open mic on Monday nights at Zodiac Bar & Venue in B-YOOtiful Colorado Springs, Colorado, U.S.A., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe (believe it or not). I sure seem super serious about this endeavor.

Here's the thing: I just love this performing thing a LOT. The chemistry in this duo is a very efficient and powerful fuel. We planned a little presentation, prepped a little segue, improvised (like I like) and sprinkled a bit of magic on each other's fannies. Look, details aren't my thing - it's just pure and special within the very moment it occurs. We have enough in common and enough different to bounce our thoughts and words off one another like a hot, sexy potato. YES, she has guitar skills. YES, I have sweet moves. YES, we ooze brilliant, healing energy like a bright, golden light.

Benny was there, Jelly Bones, Kai, Saustro, faces I just adore. Oh, Monday: best day of the week. Guy with a Russian accent claiming he was from Boise, Idaho. Matt Gabriel and his critical manner that makes him hilarious. Strange Josh fellow with incredible, chaotic talent. Kevin Pounds with his soul and cheek bones. I judge people. The verdict? They're GREAT!

After performing we hung out outside with a clean-cut, lanky cowboy and made up songs about having no teeth. All the while his teeth were on full display. WHAT TEETH! He had a look like Gomer Pyle.


No comments:

Post a Comment