The Infinite Ramblings of April Compo

The Infinite Ramblings of April Compo

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Hev-E

Whoa. Metal. I went to a show recently that was truly unforgettable. Daikaiju and Giardia were just wonderful.

(not a picture I took)

There was even a mosh pit I got involved in. I'd like to thank Sean Ostrow for the kind invitation and astute encouragement from right around the very second we met. I also took the opportunity to cry on Robert Romesburg's bosom, and would like to thank him for having a wise and comforting presence. This blog doesn't really get advertised, so maybe they'll never see these gracious words. The words are out there though. 

Yesterday I took the fam down to the Pueblo reservoir for the first time - actually pretty great. Especially as I get to missing my sun and surf in these warm, light-filled months. I've been reading a book call "When Things Fall Apart" and it sounds like maybe I'm reading it because things are falling apart, however, things are in a constant state of falling apart and it's great for learning to let go of that which is out of our control. I know I love my family and friends and self. It wouldn't make sense to cling to a way that prevented my growth and the broadening of my love just to avoid perceived pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment