The Infinite Ramblings of April Compo

The Infinite Ramblings of April Compo

Thursday, October 4, 2018

MegaFertz

This past Monday was pretty fun: Matthew and I wrote a beloved commercial for a made up product called Güpleflorp and I even made a bit of bizarre background music and a jingle and we read it aloud at the open mic. There's this regular that's always in a tie-dyed shirt named Tom that only got to see the last bit of the skit - but he was digging it and we had a great conversation that night. Eventually we'll turn it into a commercial to share online.

I'm in the process of trying to get a position at a local marketing agency working on dem SEOs. I also got some help signing the kids up for before and after school care, which is an immense relief for me getting a regular jorb. Now I just have to do a million tiny things to complete whatever the process is - get immunization records, physicals, initial here, sign there, come up with $100 for fees, and boom - I'll be dead.

Hahaha.

Ugh, my tummy hurts. Perhaps I shouldn't gorge myself on rotisserie chicken and gallons of coffee. Coffee that must not contain any freakin' CAFFEINE! P.O. Boxes are kind of expensive. And how weird to have a 3" x 5.5" box, aren't there supposed to be three dimensions? The depth isn't listed anywhere.

HEY - I have a gut feeling that things are going my way *BUT* it is unfortunately, sporadically, and intensely overcome by depression, which is exhausting. Like a heavy train chugging along until an unforeseen force brings it to an abrupt halt. Getting back up to speed over and over again wears on me and the halts are manifesting in the form of physical sickness. Insane hives, a never ending cold, nausea, tiredness. Certainly this is temporary, I recognize my NEED to prioritize self care now. AND to pace myself and be smart. I have somewhere to live, people that care, children that are nothing less than divine gifts, freedom, creativity, strength, rotisserie chicken, coffee, lunchables. Yeah... things are going my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment