The Infinite Ramblings of April Compo

The Infinite Ramblings of April Compo

Saturday, October 6, 2018

Mew $ick!!!

Music. 'nough said.











Even though I've said enough, I will go ahead and ramble a bit: These are all tracks I made and have been using as background tracks for my singing/rapping/spoken word performances at a local open mic. It has been phenomenal being able to find my way back to the stage. Much like a volcanic eruption, I get up there and am ready to burst with scalding heat and frightening explosions. There was an evening I went and wasn't planning on performing - but then a couple sitting at the bar recognized me and asked if I was going on and that they were there specifically to see me... ME?! Unfortunately they didn't stick around long enough to see me join some other regular performers on stage improvising some amazing music together. Seriously incredible moments are shared on that stage. Lisa playing the fiddle, Puppet on the guitar, later joined by Ben Morse on guitar and J Oso Boogie joining in with rap vocals and even Andrea Stone, the host of the open mic came to sing along. Talent and joy flowing like lava into an ocean of ears and hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment