The Infinite Ramblings of April Compo

The Infinite Ramblings of April Compo

Friday, August 10, 2018

All a-bored

Uber driving is nice. I like people. People like it here. Most passengers are visitors or haven't been here very long. How do you think the great land of Colorado feels about these people? Just coming along, gawking and driving around, skiing, hiking, trampling, disturbing, parading, gallivanting? It seems that the people from Colorado, or that have been here a long time, have a very anthropomorphic view of this land. Like it really cares about what's going on within it - more so than other places. I like looking at it that way too, probably because I'm influenced by others and it seems more respectful and I've lived here a while. It would have been nice if several other states legalized weed at the same time. More coastal and populated states. When I first came here at 21 years old, I finally felt like I could afford to move out of my parent's place in Florida and live as an adult. Now... I'm at a library because there's no Internet at home, which is a rented room with my two children and I. Better than the shelter. Better than the car. Somehow better than being in another state still.


My kids are both in school. I'm so tired. There is a lot to do and responsibilities galore. No one is safe. My mom is right: it's a day for Dunkin' Donuts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment