The Infinite Ramblings of April Compo

The Infinite Ramblings of April Compo

Friday, August 31, 2018

Surtch Ingyn Optomisashun

I enjoy SEO type work. I think I'll get a job all up in that realm. What IS SEO? It stands for search engine optimization and that just means that you make a certain website, or specific page on that website, show up before other related websites in a Google search (or Bing or Yahoo, you weirdos) for relevant keywords.

Search for "April Compo" and you'll find stuff I've put online because I like being found for whatever dumb reason. Plus, my name is not common and I love creating content and influencing everyone.

But... how???

I married someone with a unique last name, that helps. I make sure everything has my name attached to it - accounts are nearly all @aprilcompo. I add keywords to my blog posts (you'll see them at the bottom of this post!) I share links on other sites, usually social media since my personal junk is all a social experiment or for fun and not related to a specific industry. If that was the case I would share links to my content on industry related platforms and forums and blogs. Keywords that people search for when looking for exactly what you're offering are precious. You can analyze what keywords are the most bestest through tools like Google Analytics - and I JUST found out about Google's "Data Studio" which looks pretty lovely so far.

Analyzing stuff is fun. Seeing everything add up to a bigger picture is fun. Being seen is fun. Learning is fun.

Even if I don't get an SEO position somewhere, I will be using what I've learned through the years wherever I'm at. It seems though, that my experience and personality could be useful to a whole BUNCH of folks. And that's kinda nice.

 Thanks for all the experience Data102!

No comments:

Post a Comment