The Infinite Ramblings of April Compo

The Infinite Ramblings of April Compo

Monday, July 30, 2018

Bootiest

Typically this is the day of the week I participate in a local open mic. The person that usually watches my kids, however, is visiting with her brother while he processes some life-changing news. It is incredibly good to go with the flow and make it easier for other folks to be right where they need to be. Most of the time I find that it puts me right where I need to be too. Which is at the library at the moment. I took a turn to get here that I don't typically take because I followed a sign I don't usually notice and it put me on a path which had me pass an interesting building. So interesting that I turned into the parking lot to check the hours of operation. Since I've got nothin' to lose at this point, I may as well go out and say this is a Buddhist center. Why is it so interesting to me? It has always been interesting to me. I'm drawn to it. From the time before I could grasp reading and writing there was a concept much like reincarnation I would ponder. The conservation of energy seemed to be something innate in my brain. This is definitely not something any person in my life taught me about as a little kid, on the contrary, there were too many lessons to be learned about displeasing a creator (or mom and dad or any grown up that knew "better") to give much thought to the rest of the universe.

We shall see, shan't we? ...or not, which is fine too. Y'all, I'm accidentally Buddhist. Maybe. I do so love the phrase "Everything in moderation. Including moderation." It doesn't even matter if this is just something that intrigues me or makes you laugh. What matters? I have a hunch, you have a hunch - let's practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment