The Infinite Ramblings of April Compo

The Infinite Ramblings of April Compo

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sittin' a House

I'm house-sitting this weekend. There's a pool. I made cookies. Life is good.
   I love realistic animatronic animal suits. I used to pretend to be a variety of animals when I was little. I still like to run on all fours sometimes. I scared my husband this morning running down the hall toward him. I used to put socks on my hands & feet and fashion a tail from some long, thin article of clothing.
    Kids are so much closer to the ground than adults. Not because of height necessarily. Remember 'rollie pollies' aka pill bugs? Where did they go? I used to spend so much time outside without adult supervision. Digging and climbing and playing so blissfully. Making mud pie with acorns, messing with the neighbors dog, going beyond the back gate where weird potato-ish things would grow and my dad told me he'd give me a nickel for each one I collected. I used to explore whatever reachable space I could get to. Any adult that does the same is, in my opinion, probably ADHD.
    Now I got this (nearly) two-year-old only kid that needs just as sweet of a childhood as any other monkey-brat. She likes to pretend to be a cat. She licked my face while I was sleeping on the couch so as to wake me. I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment